I want to use timer 8 both capture and terminal count isr in my code . how to to that.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prbh_3338016
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

I want to use timer 8 capture and  terminal count isr in my code .  how to to that. psoc designer 5.4 gives opportunity to either use capture isr or terminal isr. but is there any way to use both isr at once in firmware.

My psoc1 29666 is almost out of resources and i cant generate the pwm using the hardware digital block. I want to use capture isr and terminal count isr to toggle the output pin  for desired pwm. pwm frequency is very low in few hz. so my firmware will handle. But i can see how to generate the two simultaneous isrs in firmware.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SaKu_291986
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 solutions authored

It is not possible to raise interrupt on both Capture and Terminal Count events for TimerXX. The interrupt sources of Capture, Compare and Terminal Event are mutually exclusive in the hardware.

You can try routing the Terminal Count to a GPIO and setting the interrupt for GPIO and handling the Terminal Count via GPIO interrupt.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SaKu_291986
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 solutions authored

It is not possible to raise interrupt on both Capture and Terminal Count events for TimerXX. The interrupt sources of Capture, Compare and Terminal Event are mutually exclusive in the hardware.

You can try routing the Terminal Count to a GPIO and setting the interrupt for GPIO and handling the Terminal Count via GPIO interrupt.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes