I have an old project built with designer 4.4 I just installed 5.4 and when trying to run it it stops at jmp __start and will not run

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GoKe_1237761
Level 2
Level 2

I'm new to designer 5.4 i have just installed and get to the point of running it but when I do it just stops at jmp __start and will not run.

CY8c29666 ICE cube emulator.

How can I fix this or do I have to go back to designer 4.4 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

PSoC Designer 4.4 was obsoleted long ago, and there is little support for the same. However, I suggest you to do the following:

1) Create a very simple project with PSoC Designer 5.4. Test if the ICE Cube can debug this project correctly.

2) Port your old PSoC Designer 4.4 project to PSoC Designer 5.0. Check if the ICE Cube can debug this project correctly.

3) If porting to PSoC Designer 5.0 and debugging the project is successful, you may now port the project to PSoC Designer 5.4, and check if the ICE Cube can debug the project correctly.

You may find the PSoC Designer archives here:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-designer-archive

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

PSoC Designer 4.4 was obsoleted long ago, and there is little support for the same. However, I suggest you to do the following:

1) Create a very simple project with PSoC Designer 5.4. Test if the ICE Cube can debug this project correctly.

2) Port your old PSoC Designer 4.4 project to PSoC Designer 5.0. Check if the ICE Cube can debug this project correctly.

3) If porting to PSoC Designer 5.0 and debugging the project is successful, you may now port the project to PSoC Designer 5.4, and check if the ICE Cube can debug the project correctly.

You may find the PSoC Designer archives here:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-designer-archive

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes