How to use the USB HID Feature Item in the PSoC3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RoCh_4648316
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using PSoC3 to design my project, and use the USBFS module to communicate with PC via HID.

I have designed the HID descriptor in my project, in HID descriptor included two feature Item. and I met the following issues:

For the two feature items, there are two groups data for each feature, and I don't know how to assign the data to each feature.

BTW: In the USBFS data sheet: please see the attached two picture, which may releated to the topic, but I don't know how to use it.

I am not sure if I have describe the quesiton clear, if you have any doubt, please feel free let me know.

I can also put my project here for you reference, if need.

Br

PSoC_USB

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer to the Application note on USB HID Basics with PSOC 3 and PSoC 5LP: https://www.cypress.com/file/136381/download

The application note describes in detail the different items that are a part of HID Report descriptor.

The application note also contains description to create a HID mouse project. Step by Step detail on how to add different items to HID report when creating a project is also given.

Please feel free to correct me if my understanding of the question is not clear.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer to the Application note on USB HID Basics with PSOC 3 and PSoC 5LP: https://www.cypress.com/file/136381/download

The application note describes in detail the different items that are a part of HID Report descriptor.

The application note also contains description to create a HID mouse project. Step by Step detail on how to add different items to HID report when creating a project is also given.

Please feel free to correct me if my understanding of the question is not clear.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

@Hello EktaN,

Very glad to get the feedback from you. thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, in the AN there is no the topic related to the quesiton. I want to know how to use the featrue item, however, In AN there is no this kinds of information. I know that this function is very customer to use.

I have try my best to describe the quesiton in the attached document to make you clear and I also attached the project for you.

Br

PSoC_USB

0 Likes
RoCh_4648316
Level 1
Level 1

Hello EktaN,

In my project, I just use one feature for ID:12, I don't know why does it create two reprot storage for this feature.

Image 7.png

Br

PSoC_USB

0 Likes