How to import PSoC data (displayed on LCD) to excel sheet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
swch_4772531
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 likes given 5 replies posted

I am using PSoC 5LP. I built a project to extract strain gauge values from an ATV front suspension. Now I would like to import that data to an excel sheet. I have done this before with Arduino, but I am new to PSoCs. I dont know whether I have to initially take that data to a Serial monitor or directly I can get it on excel sheet...

The data thus obtained in .csv file I can use it to compare with my simulated values.

Could you please help?

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

swch,

PSoC data can be visualized and saved using freeware software SerialPlot charting tool. Please find community demo projects here:

SeriaPlot: interface to real-time data charts 

/odiissey1

SerialPlot_basic_01a_B.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

swch,

The most practical/simple way to pass data to a .csv file is using a terminal comm program with the PSoC UART serial output.

I've done this many times.

In fact, I've created my own Terminal Comm program in C# with a visual plotting function and ability to save the acquired data to .csv (or .png).   I have uploaded this program in the code sharing forum for others to use and/or modify as needed.

Terminal Comm program with Plot and data logging. 

Here's an example screen shot of the comm output with plot and option to save plot data to .csv.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1612731318514.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

swch,

PSoC data can be visualized and saved using freeware software SerialPlot charting tool. Please find community demo projects here:

SeriaPlot: interface to real-time data charts 

/odiissey1

SerialPlot_basic_01a_B.png