Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the Bootloadable Component's Application Version programmatically from the bootloadable application code?  I realize that it's stored in the Meta data, but there doesn't appear to be a similar function to Bootloader_GetMetadata.  Also, Bootloadable_v1_50.pdf says that the define, Bootloadable_META_APP_VER_OFFSET is now deprecated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

You have to find the address in the Flash where the bootloadable application version is stored (by going to the definition of Bootloader_GetMetadata API and then going to the some macro define values).Once you get the address you can read it via \CY_GET_REG16 API.

I am attaching certain Snapshots showing how I calculated the address  and then printed the application version of bootloader in Bootloadable project.Similarly you can do for Bootloader project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

You have to find the address in the Flash where the bootloadable application version is stored (by going to the definition of Bootloader_GetMetadata API and then going to the some macro define values).Once you get the address you can read it via \CY_GET_REG16 API.

I am attaching certain Snapshots showing how I calculated the address  and then printed the application version of bootloader in Bootloadable project.Similarly you can do for Bootloader project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ANKS.  That is what I ultimately did, but I was thinking that maybe there was some other way than to use "magic" numbers. 

0 Likes