How to Export a variable in PSoC Creator 3.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I'm in the right forum but I have a question about the PSoC Creator 3.1.

I would like to know if it is possible to export a certain variable to be used in Matlab for some calculations.

Thanks for your time 🙂

Best Regards, 

Carlos Loura

0 Likes
3 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

From what i understand you want to send a variable of your program to Matlab? If so, maybe send it via UART is one of the most easiest ways, here's a video about sending a voltage reading of the ADC of the Pioneer Kit to plot it on a graph on Matlab, it's done via UART,  here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6O9xD-SUYU

It's on spanish, but it can help, it's easily portable to a PSoC5

Hope it help you

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos, thank you for your reply!

I understand what you mean, and I can understand written Spanish so I took a look at the example you gave me.

Problem is, I am looking for something simpler. When I programmed ARM processors using Code Composer Studios I was able to right click a variable during the debug session and save that variable into a text file (that I afterwards imported to Matlab and ran some calculations on it). I wanted to know if it is possible to do something like this in PSoC creator 3.1.

Thank you for your time,

Carlos 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Inspecting and setting a variable is possible in creator, but storing its value in a log-file is not.

Bob

0 Likes