How to Connect to Bridge Control Panel with FTK3270 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm playing with FTK3270 now.      

When I want to connect by Bridge Control Panel, It doesn't work well.      

At first, Open port is success but can't get anything from any MultiFunction Expansion Cards.      

and [Reset] command was fail also.      

Tell me how to do it.      

Bridge Control Panel version 1.8.0.1536      

Vista 32bit PC      

Bridge1.jpg              

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice project. You just gave me an idea for a toy 😛

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hey, I made a Electronic Organ by using this FTK. but never can connect to PC yet. [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCyJDRxZtM&feature=youtu.be ]    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice project. You just gave me an idea for a toy 😛

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Anyway, No one knows with this issue. However document said the Bridge Control Panel can connect to FTK3720. Doesn't Cypress employee knows?   
0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello PSoC73-san,

The Bridge control panel will detect the USB-I2C bridge with id "FirstTouch/xxxxxxxxxxx". This tells you that the USB to I2C bridge is working fine (otherwise you might need to reprogram the PC Bridge hardware)

Next step is to make sure that your daughter board has an I2C slave configured correctly. According to the schematic of the kit, the I2C lines are pins 6 and 8 on the header, which is pins 1.5 and 1.7 on the daughter card PSoC.

In your project for the daughter card PSoC, ensure I2C protocol matches the bridge control panel settings (Tools-> Protocol config -> I2C).

Once you've configured the I2C slave properly (EzI2Cs works best), you should be able to "List" your device from Bridge control panel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello arvi-san, Thank you so much. Your answer is helpful. --- At First, it doesn't work "as is" new package state, Not work. --- Next, re-build each expansion board and re-programed, Not work. --- The Bridge control panel can detect the USB-I2C bridge with id "FirstTouch/xxxxxxxxxxx", Not work
    ,[Reset] --- (Tools-> Protocol config -> I2C) was ensured as 50kbps,100kbps, Not work. --- Would I check I2C signal directly? --- I might need more help ---   
0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Yes, can you please hook up I2C lines (marked in the previous figure) to an oscilloscope to check whether you can see any data transmission?

Also make sure default state of the bus is valid.. you can check this by setting multimeter to measure resistance (ohm); Connect one end to SDA or SCL line and other end to VDD/GND. When connected to VDD, impedance read should be around 2k ohm to 6 k ohm (I2C pullup). When connected to GND it should not show any reading (if it shows < 1 ohm then bus is being pulled low and I2C will not work)

I will try to attach a test project for the slave board for you to debug your system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you arvi-san, I will do it in a few day. I had try some IIC modules, EzI2Cs, I2CHW, I2Cm. Only I2Cm was [Listed] by Bridge Panel and [Reset] was OK also. but no data transfered to Panel (at least saw in the Panel). All module selection is Master and Slave. and use the sample code in the datasheet. It is very strange EzI2Cs module had use in many products. I will be upload some detail data later.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resistance Measurements
was measure as connect with USB Gridge      

To Vdd          

To GND          

SDA         

SCL         

Got the waveform      

1)        Original MF-SLIDER : Use EzI2C, [Reset],

not work.      

2)        Modified MF-ORGAN : Use I2Cm, [Reset],

work but no chart or any data..      

the Archive is here.
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi arvi, I have noticed to flutter of wave of the EzI2C-SCL. So checked Pin Drive of it. EzI2C and I2CHW are "Open Drain Low". And I2Cm is High-Z. By look from outside of user-module. I presumed there is a difference, how handling of the three-state. Is there a problem of firmware?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi arvi-san "Konnitiwa" I would be need the HEX file of USB-IIC bridge firmware. I want to modify that firmware for this issue and many reason. But I have not original HEX file that not included in CD file. I need it when get back to the factory default. I've been not find anywhere. So, Would you tell me where it is. Or, Would you send it to me huh. (you know my address) I'm looking forward a Answer.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Just I have made sure that USB-I2C bridge function of CY3270 PC bridge doen't work. I also have CY3271. It works perfectly. My CY3270 is "FirstTouch Programmer Version 1.80". On the other hand, CY3271 is "Version 1.90". I'm afraid that Ver.1.80 doesn't work well on the Bridge Control Panel 1.8. Thanks for your advice.   
Anonymous
Not applicable
        HiYa ectoyfan-san "Konbanwa", Finally i have got some FTK3271s in my hand, I have to do trying some combination of programmer-software. Anyway i want to talk more detail at the Pastel-site. Anyway --- Hey Pals, He is my friend, he want to enrolling to this forum. Cheers!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have a kit with v1.9 firmware and a kit with v1.8 firmware then it might be posible to read the firmware from the v1.9 kit and update the v1.8 with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could we escalate this issue with support?  A new firmware is needed for CY3270, demos on i2c and Bridge Control Panel does not work and should be fixed, or parts refunded.