How do I add BOS descriptor on a 5LP for WebUSB (not for LPM)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All!

I'm using USBFS on a 5LP and need to add Binary Device Object Store (BOS) descriptors to allow the device to support WebUSB.  See:

1.  USB in a NutShell - Chapter 5 - USB Descriptors

2.  Access USB Devices on the Web

3.  arduino/library/WebUSB at gh-pages · webusb/arduino · GitHub

Most references I find about BOS and USBFS appear to apply only to the Link Power Management feature of the PSoC 4200L.  Has anyone found a good way to implement this?

Thank you for the advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Presently, BOS Descriptors are used to support Link Power Management (LPM) in PSoC 4200L devices only.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Presently, BOS Descriptors are used to support Link Power Management (LPM) in PSoC 4200L devices only.

0 Likes

Ankita,

It is unfortunate this issue hasn't progressed any further in the years since it was first raised.  

The point of BOS Descriptors is to be general, not tied to Link Power Management, it just happens that LPM was the first feature to use it.   WebUSB is another feature which needs a fairly simple BOS descriptor to allow the browser to prompt for the user to open a device-specific web page.   This feature has nothing to do with LPM.    Please find a better way to answer questions about WebUSB.

0 Likes