Help needed with PSoC DESIGNER install on WIN10x64

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cy145
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Downloaded PSOC DESIGNERsetup1-software-v01.00. 

During install cyinstaller  opens for installing Designer 5.1 and tries to connect to the internet and fails with "An error occurred while trying to download package information"

The PC I use has EDGE and also has the IE.app.

I don't know if cyinstaller is getting on the internet or is going to a non-working Cypress page ?

I do have PSOC Creator loaded and working and getting updates. I wanted to use Psoc  Designer again since I still have PSoc1 hardware (Cy3209 and Cy3210)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Many files to choose from, none say "installer".

I picked PSoCDesigner_5.4_SP1_Setup.exe and downloaded the under 1k file, I opened it and that continued to download another file of around 400Mb.  I opened that and the installation began. It completed installing the "typical" install with no problems. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @cy145 ,

Can you kindly download the PSoC Designer installer from PSoC™ Designer Archive, (under Development Tools) and let us know if there are issues?

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Many files to choose from, none say "installer".

I picked PSoCDesigner_5.4_SP1_Setup.exe and downloaded the under 1k file, I opened it and that continued to download another file of around 400Mb.  I opened that and the installation began. It completed installing the "typical" install with no problems. 

Thanks

0 Likes