Generating a clock-to-pin for peripherals on 5LP.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to generate a clock signal (6 MHz +), based on one of the various internal sources, to be sent out a pin to drive an external peripheral. Attempts thus far do indeed generate an output signal within the tolerances applied-- However the output levels, despite trying various options, don't seem to conform to any particular static discipline. Further, the resulting square wave is not the cleanest thing in the world, though putting an edge detect in between helps a bit.

I am wondering if there is some 'proper' way to do this all internally without requiring external hardware (i.e. a schmitt trigger or similar) ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Are you using a Cypress development kit or prototyping kit? There are some pins connected on the board to blocking capacitors, look into the schematic .pdf file: C:\Program files (x86)\Cypress\your board\Hardware\...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Bob,

Yes, I am actually using the CY8CKIT-059-- And actually your suggestion of reviewing the schematic solved my issues. New to the Creator software myself mostly at first I thought 'Pin_XX' was a 'reserved name', but now I see it is simply an arbitrary label. Discovering the pin planner I traced through the schematic and found the right output this time. Great results, and especially how easy it is ! Now on to the nitty gritty !

Thnx

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Wonderful! Do not hesitate to get help here in the forum in case you got stuck!

Bob

0 Likes