Generate project datasheet from command line during build.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Hvdbrand
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

We are using PSoC Creator 4.4 and have automated our builds.

In the PSoC Creator User guide,  I saw the option to generate project datasheets.

Would it be possible to create these using a command line tool, such that we can integrate it in our automated build?

We would like this to work for all the four projects we have in our workspace. One project is the active project and triggers the build of the other three projects. In the user guide it mentions that the generation is done for the active project. I hope this can be specified when using a command line tool.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hvdbrand,

I've looked into this.  It appears that the "psoc_creator.exe" has no apparent CLI arguments.   Every time I launch this command from the CLI prompt with a "?", "/?", "-?", "h", "/h", "-h" argument it launches a new Creator instance and ignores the remaining arguments.

There MIGHT be a "Generate Project Datasheet" CLI argument for "cydsfit.exe" but using "-h" I don't see it referenced.

However when I generate a datasheet, ONLY the internal parameters set in the TopDesign and DWR are listed.  The code is not referenced.  Therefore you would ONLY need to generate a new Project datasheet if any of these parameters are changed at the application build level.  This basically requires that you launch the Creator IDE to make these changes anyways.  

Infineon will have to weight in on this.  Since you are already in the IDE, you can use the "Generate Project Datasheet" to rebuild the project instead of the  other "Build" commands.  This will generate a datasheet as well as the build.

Any code changes made outside the Creator IDE don't get reflected in the datasheet.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hvdbrand,

I've looked into this.  It appears that the "psoc_creator.exe" has no apparent CLI arguments.   Every time I launch this command from the CLI prompt with a "?", "/?", "-?", "h", "/h", "-h" argument it launches a new Creator instance and ignores the remaining arguments.

There MIGHT be a "Generate Project Datasheet" CLI argument for "cydsfit.exe" but using "-h" I don't see it referenced.

However when I generate a datasheet, ONLY the internal parameters set in the TopDesign and DWR are listed.  The code is not referenced.  Therefore you would ONLY need to generate a new Project datasheet if any of these parameters are changed at the application build level.  This basically requires that you launch the Creator IDE to make these changes anyways.  

Infineon will have to weight in on this.  Since you are already in the IDE, you can use the "Generate Project Datasheet" to rebuild the project instead of the  other "Build" commands.  This will generate a datasheet as well as the build.

Any code changes made outside the Creator IDE don't get reflected in the datasheet.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes