Generate Application failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying to get started with the Sparkfun FreeSoc2 PSoC 5LP Dev Board, but PSoC Creator returns this error when I try to run "Generate Application" in the Build Menu:

plm.M0046:"C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\3.3\PSoC Creator\bin/sjplacer.exe" failed (0xC0000139)

details from error:

The placer is not able to place all of the carry chains without backtracking. It fills one UDB bank to 15/16 and the other to 7/8 and cannot place the final 2-datapath chain. As a workaround, add a control file to the TopDesign component (in Workspace Explorer's Components tab) with the following lines: ATTRIBUTE placement_force OF \Timer_ADPActiveTime:TimerUDB:sT16:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(2,0)"; ATTRIBUTE placement_force OF \Timer_OutputPeriod:TimerUDB:sT24:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(3,1)"; ATTRIBUTE placement_force OF \Timer_OutputActiveTime:TimerUDB:sT24:timerdp:u0\ : LABEL IS "U(0,1)"; This will fill the datapaths in the second UDB bank and allow the placer to assign the remaining datapaths.

I've received this error for both a completely empty project and one that configures a digital input for a button and a digital output for an LED, going by this tutorial: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/freesoc2-introduction

​Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I suggest you to use a windows machine, emulation is too error prone.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies