Emulated EEPROM Wear Leveling and Write Cycles

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alro_2373731
Level 1
Level 1

I found an old spec sheet for the em_eeprom and it shows an option for wear leveling factor.  I do not see it in the latest version of component. Is there some type of wear leveling included in the component? Is there an expected number of write cycles?  If write cycles were a concern and all I needed was about a 100 bytes of non-volatile storage, whats the best option on the chip?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Alex,

Optional Wear Leveling is supported in latest Em_EEPROM 2.0. This version will be supported from PSoC Creator 4.2. For characteristics, refer to Flash DC Specifications and Flash AC Specifications in the specific device datasheet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Best would be to use the PSoC5 internal EEProm, not emulated. Specs are in datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

alexander,

to save some data or settings in EEPROM you can use this component, which handles access to EEPOM and has some options

myEEPROM: component to save/recall application settings in EEPROM between power offs

odissey1

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Alex,

Optional Wear Leveling is supported in latest Em_EEPROM 2.0. This version will be supported from PSoC Creator 4.2. For characteristics, refer to Flash DC Specifications and Flash AC Specifications in the specific device datasheet.