Emulate a CY8C20234-12LKXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/other-resources/psoc1-mpn-pod-mapping-kit-selection-debugging-...

On the CY8C20234-12LKXI  I want to emulate our hardware.  But this table at the link shows that the Pod Kit and the Adapter is not available.  So is it on longer possible to emulate or if so please advise.   Also where it states Not Available can you get me the part numbers anyway.  Maybe the old parts are available somewhere else if I could at least know the part numbers.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Based on the description of your issue, I think that you want to investigate further on your existing hardware. You can kindly let us know in some more detail. I will try my best to see if I can give you some inputs to resolve your issue.

CY3250-20334QFN can be used to emulate CY8C20234-12LKXI. Taking care not to use GPIOs which are not available in CY8C20234-12LKXI would be sufficient to emulate CY8C20234-12LKXI using the CY3250-20334QFN and CY3250-24QFN-FK.

The above being said, unfortunately the Debugger, POD kit, and the Feet kit are not in stock with us. Since PSoC1 is a very mature family, we receive little requests for Debugging / Emulator hardware. I sincerely request you to consider our newer PSoC4 family. In this link, you can find PSoC4 devices with 13GPIOs. PSoC4 devices offer on-board debugging through the SWD interface.

The entries specified in PSoC1 MPN to POD Mapping - Kit selection for Debugging PSoC1 devices, are Cypress Part Numbers, which you can use to search if any other vendor holds the same in stock. For e.g., CY3250-20334QFN is a Cypress Part Number.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Based on the description of your issue, I think that you want to investigate further on your existing hardware. You can kindly let us know in some more detail. I will try my best to see if I can give you some inputs to resolve your issue.

CY3250-20334QFN can be used to emulate CY8C20234-12LKXI. Taking care not to use GPIOs which are not available in CY8C20234-12LKXI would be sufficient to emulate CY8C20234-12LKXI using the CY3250-20334QFN and CY3250-24QFN-FK.

The above being said, unfortunately the Debugger, POD kit, and the Feet kit are not in stock with us. Since PSoC1 is a very mature family, we receive little requests for Debugging / Emulator hardware. I sincerely request you to consider our newer PSoC4 family. In this link, you can find PSoC4 devices with 13GPIOs. PSoC4 devices offer on-board debugging through the SWD interface.

The entries specified in PSoC1 MPN to POD Mapping - Kit selection for Debugging PSoC1 devices, are Cypress Part Numbers, which you can use to search if any other vendor holds the same in stock. For e.g., CY3250-20334QFN is a Cypress Part Number.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes