Dual Application mode in PSOC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrSa_4352851
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I am trying to use the dual application mode. I tried doing a single application and I was successfull. As per the datasheet I have configured the bootloader with Dual application, Auto switching and stuff. But If I keep my same bootloadable application it gives me this error and do not generate the 5 files which are suppose to generate according to Bootloadable application datasheet. The error is

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -Wl,--start-group -o C:\Users\psalvi\Desktop\bootloader\OTA_BootLoadable_Dual.cydsn\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\OTA_BootLoadable_Dual_1.elf .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\main.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\commands.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\serialComms.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\stringUtils.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\cyfitter_cfg_1.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\cymetadata.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\Cm3Start.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\cybootloader.o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\OTA_BootLoadable_Dual_1.a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\cycomponentlibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\CyComponentLibrary.a" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -L Generated_Source\PSoC5 -Wl,-Map,.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release/OTA_BootLoadable_Dual_1.map -T Generated_Source\PSoC5\cm3gcc_1.ld -specs=nano.specs -Wl,--gc-sections -g -ffunction-sections -Os -ffat-lto-objects -Wl,--end-group

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Release\cyfitter_cfg_1.o: No such file or directory

Do I need to change something in my bootloadable application so that it can create those five files.

Or I need to create another application which will create me other two files ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

When you build your project it should work straight away and generate the files.

You can also try to close and open the PSOC CREATOR and try building the files again .

I have shared the code which uses dual application and it works for us.

Can you please look at the code and let us know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

When you build your project it should work straight away and generate the files.

You can also try to close and open the PSOC CREATOR and try building the files again .

I have shared the code which uses dual application and it works for us.

Can you please look at the code and let us know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Alakananda

Alakananda