Decoding IR Signal(NEC)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
adpac_1560036
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi everyone..

I have to decode an NEC protocol based IR signal as a part of my academic project. Im using PSoC 3.

Please enlighten me with the ideas of measuring the pulse width.

I have tried everything I could..Timer and Counter in various configurations. I'm new to PSoC, Please help me out..

Thanks in advance!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look here.

Happy coding!

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Have a look here.

Happy coding!

Bob

0 Likes

Thanks for the link Bob

But im trying to measure pulse width between a falling edge and rising edge continuously and vice versa.

Should I use two counters and configure them separately?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You may do that. There are many different ways to get a solution. When you have a little bit more experience with PSoCs you will find your own balance between hardware components and software solutions. There are a bunch of videos about how to work with PSoCs.

Bob

yeah..but i am highly confused.fed up with the trials.Bob, could you please help me with the code?..To decode NEC protocol..using PSoC 3.

I will be very glad for the help.Thank you.

0 Likes

I am trying to implement the same protocol code on PSoC 5LP. Have you succeeded with this problem?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I have neither got a transmitter nor a receiver although I remember I did something like that in the good old PSoC1 times. I used a receiver with integrated amplifier, filter and output stage. Decoding is not too complicated, give it a try: program a PWM and connect its outputs to your discriminator. try to measure frequency and pulse width.

Bob

That sounds cool..

I will Bob.

Thanks again

0 Likes