DFB FIR code generated by Filter component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working on PSoC 5LP for a while, PSoC is quite powerful but it takes a lot of efforts to know the details...  The DFB is another complex unit.  I disassembled the FIR code generated by the Filter component, so I can test it with the DFB Assembler.  I put some comments on it based on my understanding with the DFB module, I might be wrong...  Here is the assembly code: 

// Copyright 2008-2013, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation.  All rights reserved.// Filter coefficients are stored in RAM-Barea acu   // 16 taps  dw 0x0F0F // mreg  dw 0x0000 // lreg  dw 0x0000 // initial value for ACU-A.reg   area data_b   // 16 taps  dw 0x00E168  dw 0x00432A  // add another 14 taps here... initial:  // Enable modulus arithmetic  acu(setmod,setmod) dmux(sa,sa) alu(set0) mac(clra)     acu(clear,clear) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold) jmp(eob, wait_for_data) wait_for_data:  // Wait input from stage-A(in1) for the next element  acu(hold,hold) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold) jmpl(in1,load_data)     load_data:  // Load (mreg,lreg) with (acu[0],acu[1])  acu(loadm,loadm) addr(0) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold)                      acu(loadl,loadl) addr(1) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold)   // Open the channel from stage-A(addr(1)) to RAM-A at mux1a

acu(hold,hold) addr(1) dmux(ba,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold)    // Write data to RAM-A, modify mux, load acu-A with acu[2]   acu(read,clear) addr(2) dmux(sra,sra) alu(setb) mac(clra) write(da) jmp(eob, calc) write_bus:    // Write acu[2] with acu-A.reg   acu(write,clear) addr(2) dmux(sa,srm) alu(setb) mac(hold)   acu(hold,hold) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold)   // Write shifter output to the bus' holding register A with addr(1)   acu(hold,hold) addr(1) dmux(sa,sa) alu(hold) mac(hold) write(abus) jmp(eob, wait_for_data) calc:    // Multiplication   acu(incr,incr) dmux(sra,srm) alu(setb) mac(macc) jmpl(eob, acubeq, write_bus) 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work, code sure looks correct as well as the comments. I assume you have run the code through the simulator.

Of course for standard filters the Filter component is easier to use, but for special needs and making your own filter variants this is a good starting point.

0 Likes