Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hello, the PSOC creator software seems to have updated the firmware on the kitprog so now it shows up as CMSIS-DAP/246038 instead of kitprog 2.0 or 2.21 (I forget which) like I had before. how do I revert/change the kitprog firmware back to what is was before? I would like to use the USB-UART that was available before. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

duno,

Is the "Status" LED on the KitPRog board throbbing (blinking with fade near the USB connection)?

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1648049376468.png

If true, you will also find a new Disk Drive in Device Manager with a name that includes "KitProg".

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1648049742887.png

To get out of this mode, while it is powered on, press the "Boot/TARGET RST" switch for 5 secs.   It will stop blinking and be ON continuously.  You should also see the COM enumerated USB port of the KitProg.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

duno,

Is the "Status" LED on the KitPRog board throbbing (blinking with fade near the USB connection)?

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1648049376468.png

If true, you will also find a new Disk Drive in Device Manager with a name that includes "KitProg".

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1648049742887.png

To get out of this mode, while it is powered on, press the "Boot/TARGET RST" switch for 5 secs.   It will stop blinking and be ON continuously.  You should also see the COM enumerated USB port of the KitProg.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."