Creator is requiring me to 'Port Acquire' for PSoC5 with KitProg

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Out of the blue, Creator (4.1 or 4.2) stopped automatically acquiring PSoC5 chips when I'm debugging or downloading firmware.  I can hit 'Port Acquire' and find the chip (for instance, with the CY8CKIT059 kit) and upload to the chip.  But why has it stopped seeing the chip automatically.  It works for PSoC4 chips.

0 Likes
9 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Can you please try programming via PSoC Programmer and share the screenshot of it if you get any error message

0 Likes

Programmer is working fine. Creator works ok too but I have to do a port acquire to recognize the PSoC

5 chip

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

In PSoC Programmer is Autodetection is ON or OFF

0 Likes

It is on.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

It’s the newest version of programmer. Now that I think of it, the problem started around the time I upgraded programmer.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

I also have to press Port Acquire(Win7x32  PSoC Creator 4.1  or 4.2).PROG_.png

0 Likes

I tried to check the phenomenon on my system with Win7 using CY8CKIT-059 , I observed that:

Once I have to do Port acquire, then automatically the subsequent  Port acquire's are happening on giving Program command in PSoC Creator4.2

It may be system specific issue.

Are there specific steps to follow to reproduce this phenomenon.

0 Likes

I am having same issue. It appeared after installation of Creator 4.2 + Latest programmer (no issue after installation of Creator 4.1). I tried updating firmware on Kit-059 with no effect. Tried another kit, same result. My OS is Win8.1.

I traced issue to the Resources->System settings->Programming  (GOING/SWD/SWD+SWW). If SWD setting is used, then chip recognition is mostly goes OK (but not100% success). If GPIO, then kit is not recognized as discussed above, and the button has to be pressed manually.

Anyway, this is something new, which I hadn't experienced before.it is livable, but quite annoying.

0 Likes

Are there specific steps to follow to reproduce this phenomenon as I have asked in interaction#07.Is it happening only when you choose GPIO Resources->System settings->Programming as mentioned in interaction#08 above

0 Likes