Could not programm CY8CKIT-059

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I couldn't program my new CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping Kit.

The Programmer always said:

Program Finished at 18:04:35                                      |                                                                    | Programming Terminated                                                                   | Detected JTAG ID: "2E 16 10 69" is not in database Program Requested at 18:04:35                                     |  Successfully Connected to KitProg/051C163503274400 at 18:04:15    | KitProg Version 2.14

I'm using the recent version of PSoC Programmer 3.24.0
In PSoC Creator 3.3 SP 1 it's the same thing.

I've reinstalled the Programmer and the Creator a several times, without success.

Thanks for your help.
Regards Sven

0 Likes
10 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Sven Please send your program so we can check it. If it does the same thing with us I will open a case for you.,

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bobgoar,

thanks for your quick reply.

The Project is for the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 (also tried template for the kit - results in the same)
It contains a PWM and the Digital Output for the onboard LED.
A simple blink - nothing special.

Thanks
Regards Sven

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You should use Creator to program your PSoC5, not the programmer (as a first try)

Use the debug icon to program.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Sven: Bob is right if you want to use the Mini Prog 3 you need to break off the Programmer Tab if you fail to do this the existing Programmer will interfere with the Mini Prog 3.  Also looking at your program I have made some changes to it.  The clock and also the Main.c needed entries for PWM_1 start and the Clock_Start.  Now the clock is very accurate. I had no problem programming the board with your program using the on board programmer.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've tried to program the Board over the debug icon, but it results in exactly the same.
I attached the settings used in Creator as shown in the Details.

And No, i don't want to use the Mini Prog 3 to program the Board, I just want to use the Board as-it-is.

For me it seems like the Device i use (with the ID: 2E 16 10 69) is not known by the programmer software.
So it does not matter whether the device is programmed via the programming software or Creator.

The Error tells exactly that:
"100 - PSoC Device (2E 16 10 69) is not in the DataBase"

- Is there any possibility to check the database of the "PSoC Programmer 3.24.0" ?
- A Reinstallation or the repair-functionality of the Software itself does not help.
- I could not find any devices with the ID: 2E 16 10 69 at the Internet.
-- is that the correct one ? 
-- if not, how to fix it ?

Regards, 

Sven

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is usually not a database error. I had something similar caused by remnants from former installations.

I strongly suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: at top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case". leave a link to this thread and a phone number for a callback (polish up your English)

Try to use a different USB-cable first!

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

That error points to a memory chip.  I have open a case for this issue and I'll Let you know what they find.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks to the Tehnical Support - they gave me the right way to search and find myself an answer.

The Device Database of the programmer wasn't installed properly.
The Devices Folder under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Devices" didn't exist.

So I copied it manually and it worked.

In case - if someone is missing it, too - i've attached the whole folder.
Just extract it and it will work.

Thanks for everyone!

Regards
Sven

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        I am glad that fixed the issue. I hope you enjoy the kit.   
0 Likes
Arha_4247766
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

If you have a new board and working on PSOC for the first time , it is always better to program an example code first and make sure it works.

0 Likes