Conversion to bootloadable code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
guag_1662311
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

I have a psoc creator project for the CY8C5488 part. The project is fully operational. Now I need to make it bootloadable, so I added Bootloadable_V1_60 module and configured it as directed by the datasheet. I get a build failure:

Error: pft.M0101: Unable to generate metadata file:

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

--------------- Build Failed: 01/22/2019 11:11:20 ---------------

I cannot find an explanation for this type of failure that could point to the reason. I saw related blog where someone had the same failure for a "simple" project, and the way he solved is by re-creating the project from scratch including the bootloadable object. My project is advanced, to do this I suspect would take a lot of work. Any suggestions regarding alternatives? I can attach the source code if necessary. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Got the bootloadable code to build successfully. The problem was that I first used the bootloader .hex and .elf files generated by someone else to create a bootloadable version of my code. So, when I built that bootloader on my IDE and used the resulting .hex and .elf files, the bootloadable code build worked. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi

You can browse the below linker about the bootloader and bootloadable:

1: http://www.cypress.com/file/45346/download

2: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an84401-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-spi-bootloader

Can you attached a simple project which can reproduce your issue in this forum?

0 Likes

Today I will create a simple project to see if I get the same behavior, and report back. Thanks.

0 Likes

Got the bootloadable code to build successfully. The problem was that I first used the bootloader .hex and .elf files generated by someone else to create a bootloadable version of my code. So, when I built that bootloader on my IDE and used the resulting .hex and .elf files, the bootloadable code build worked. Thanks!

0 Likes