Communication stops if distance between two nodes increases

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the reply.my another question is that we are using cy8cplc20 microcontroller for powerline line communication between  two  nodes.so when the two nodes are little nearby the communication is good but when the distance between them is increased,then the two nodes stops communicating.can you help me out with solution for the above.

Below attached is the code of PLC.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shafi

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

When you have an issue with a signal and distance is increased the signal gets weaker so you must increase the Transmitter power or increase the receive signal gain or reduce the noise on the line by filters. I would try to improve you filters first and it that doesn't work increase the transmitted power. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

When you have an issue with a signal and distance is increased the signal gets weaker so you must increase the Transmitter power or increase the receive signal gain or reduce the noise on the line by filters. I would try to improve you filters first and it that doesn't work increase the transmitted power. 

0 Likes