Cannot program psoc5 when selecting "Debug Select GPIO" with Psoc Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
taherrera
Level 2
Level 2
First like given 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hello,

I need to use pins 11 and 12 as GPIO in the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 MCU. So I disabled SWD debug pins by selecting GPIO as debug in Psoc Creator.

Now I cant reflash the device using Psoc Creator (Port Acquire Failed), and the only way to reprogram the device is by using Psoc Programmer, both Reset and Power Cycle work.

If I re-select "Debug Select SWD", I can reprogram the device with Psoc Creator.

Is this a known issue or is it possible there is some other hardware problem ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

@taherrera ,

When I set my SWD pins to GPIO in a project. it requires me to reacquire the SWD port in PSoC Creator.

Here is a screenshot of the "Select Debug Target" when I select the "Program Part" icon.

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1684319621339.png

I then select the "Port Acquire" button.  This forces a reset of the XRES pin to make the SWD pins become SWD pins again.

Once the target PSoC appears, I select the "OK/Connect" button.

Len_CONSULTRON_2-1684319795203.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andri-setyabudi
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi, 
Is the pin XRES connect to your kit prog ? 

Andrisetyabudi_0-1684210414731.png

The VDDD, VDDIO1 of PSoC 5 should be at the same voltage level as Host VDD (KitProg3). 
Refer to this document on page 63. 

Warm regards, 

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

@taherrera ,

When I set my SWD pins to GPIO in a project. it requires me to reacquire the SWD port in PSoC Creator.

Here is a screenshot of the "Select Debug Target" when I select the "Program Part" icon.

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1684319621339.png

I then select the "Port Acquire" button.  This forces a reset of the XRES pin to make the SWD pins become SWD pins again.

Once the target PSoC appears, I select the "OK/Connect" button.

Len_CONSULTRON_2-1684319795203.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

HI @taherrera 

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes