Canceled orders -- Is Infineon going bankrupt???

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

No word on Infineon supplying parts to its distributors.  Infineon is ignoring its distributor network, from what I understand in discussions.   

The last time I saw this, several decades ago, the manufacturer(s) went bankrupt.

The humorous part is we will go bankrupt also, unless we can pivot quickly enough.  I am now looking like an idiot using Infineon parts.

Any date on PSOC 5LP part availability?  PSOC3, PSOC5, PSOC4 parts are out all over the world.  There are a few (not usable for us) PSOC6 parts, but they too are in short supply.  Unfortunately, they are unsuitable: No UDB's,  Bad packages (wclsp, ugh),  Can't Export without license, limited analog, etc.   

I *can* get PSOC5 parts on EBAY for $80+ a piece (for a $20 part), but requires $21,000 investment.  Unfortunately, we are currently weak enough we can't do that, and it triples the board cost.  Ugh.

Any hope out there, or am I spitting into the wind?

1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Dear @WaMa_286156 ,

Thank you for your interest in our PSoC products and we greatly apologize for the supply challenges you’ve been facing due to the struggles with the supply chain that we’ve been working through.  These truly have been unprecedented times.  We definitely have not ignored our distribution partners, our partners are strategically important for a very significant portion of our business. That said, we have had to prioritize shipments using a fair share corporate methodology.  Through communications between customers, distributors and us, we are doing our best to prioritize and allocate parts to minimize the pain everywhere we possibly can. That said, we have made major investments in capacity expansion and have line of sight to significant improvements across the entire PSoC portfolio.  To support your request, please reach out to a local Infineon or distribution partner sales team member so we can understand your specific needs and work with our teams to ensure your orders are flagged appropriately as a lines down/potential lines down/business impacting case.

Again, thank you for your continued interest and we look forward to working with you to overcome the supply challenges you’ve been facing.

Best regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Dear @WaMa_286156 ,

Thank you for your interest in our PSoC products and we greatly apologize for the supply challenges you’ve been facing due to the struggles with the supply chain that we’ve been working through.  These truly have been unprecedented times.  We definitely have not ignored our distribution partners, our partners are strategically important for a very significant portion of our business. That said, we have had to prioritize shipments using a fair share corporate methodology.  Through communications between customers, distributors and us, we are doing our best to prioritize and allocate parts to minimize the pain everywhere we possibly can. That said, we have made major investments in capacity expansion and have line of sight to significant improvements across the entire PSoC portfolio.  To support your request, please reach out to a local Infineon or distribution partner sales team member so we can understand your specific needs and work with our teams to ensure your orders are flagged appropriately as a lines down/potential lines down/business impacting case.

Again, thank you for your continued interest and we look forward to working with you to overcome the supply challenges you’ve been facing.

Best regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes