Can I program one hex file into different type PSoC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kai
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello

We used CY8C5467AXI-LP108 in our design several years ago. But due to the material shortage, we cannot get CY8C5467AXI-LP108 any more recently.. We want to use CY8C5868AXI-LP035 instead it. 

But when we use  psocProgramer program existing hex file  in to CY8C5868AXI-LP035, it failed and alarmed:

ERROR! -->                                                 | The hex file does not match with the acquired device, please check the device

I understand this was because the hex file was complied for LP108, but now we want to program in to LP035.... so the information not match..

I want to know, is there any way that we can program this hex file in to LP035? so that I don't need 2 hex files for this two chips.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @kai ,

The PSoC Programmer checks the JTAG ID before programming a device. In case of JTAG ID mismatch PSOC Programmer will not allow you to program a different device.

We do not recommend you to use a hex file of one device with another device in production environment. You can recompile the project for the CY8C5868AXI-LP035 device and use the generated hex file. 

Programming a different hex file will void the warranty on the device and in case you face any issues, you would also be not able to avail the related services.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies