CYBLE-022001-EVAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I want to use the EZ BLE module as a pass thru of RS-232 data to phone app.

I was able to do it using a different vendor's module without the need of programming, just pulling some pins to ground and some to VCC. I think it already had a software stack running in it.

Is there such a thing using the EZ BLE module?

If so, can anybody provide specific document or information?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hli, you are correct. I used a conventional Bluetooth module before. 

I installed the project you suggested and I am able to send data from the phone app CySmart to PC, but not the other way around.

I installed a third party Hyperterminal type of app, but was not even able to pair.

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

BLE is not about doing a continuous stream of data. Its more of a publish-subscribe (or event-based) mechanism, because this is much more power-efficient. The module you used was not a BLE module, but a conventional Bluetooth module.

That said, in the 100 BLE projects list there is an example that simulates a serial port of BLE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hli, you are correct. I used a conventional Bluetooth module before. 

I installed the project you suggested and I am able to send data from the phone app CySmart to PC, but not the other way around.

I installed a third party Hyperterminal type of app, but was not even able to pair.

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This sample project assumed that you program both sides of the connection. In the example I think this was the BLE module and the CySmart dongle. If you want to use some else on your PC side, then it needs to be programmed accordingly (the serial-over-BLE profile is custom and not a standard one).

0 Likes