CY8CKit-059 to Ramps 1.4 adapter design available.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hmm,  all posts are questions now.

I am working (very much part time) on a psoc5LP printer control project.  Life is what happens while you are making other plans.

I chose to use the Ramps 1.4x board for printer control due to availability and price. You can purchase built Ramps boards very cheaply.  I chose the CY8CKit-059 ('059') for much the same reasons, but it is now out of stock. 😟

The link is at socmaker.com.  Specifically https://socmaker.com/?p=969

The download (if you don't want to read about it on socmaker) is https://socmaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/socino-ramps.zip

I created an adapter board to adapt the '059' board to the Ramps board. It is now at version 1.3.  (yes, 3 previous mistakes)  I have posted the Eagle files for the adapter board at socmaker.com.  The schematic and board layout images are also shown on the site in case you want to roll your own using the information presented as your template.

I also have several posts for using the '059'  USB ports (micro-usb and the finger connector) with windows, mac, or linux.  And several other items.

Enjoy!

1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

WaMa,

Thank you. Additionally there a forum board specifically intended for Project contributions.  It is called Code Examples .

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

It is great! But can you also add some links to the post? 

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

WaMa,

Thank you. Additionally there a forum board specifically intended for Project contributions.  It is called Code Examples .

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes