CY8CKIT-059 Availability

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hello,

I'm unable to find any of the CY8CKIT-059 boards. The 2 main suppliers we use don't have them in stock until June, 2022. Can someone help me find some and maybe tell me what's happening with these?

Perhaps it's time to spin our own board, provided we can source the CPU.

Thank you,

Nick Danger

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @ScEn_283436 ,

You may contact the sales office for more information - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/find-a-location/?utm_source=cypress&utm_mediu...

Thanks & Regards

Sobhit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @ScEn_283436 ,

You may contact the sales office for more information - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/company/find-a-location/?utm_source=cypress&utm_mediu...

Thanks & Regards

Sobhit

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Thank you for the reply. The closest sales office I could find was in San Jose and they said the shortage was due to Corona and to try the distributors one by one. I'm on automatic notice with Digi-Key and Mouser, so I guess this is as good as it gets. You can buy them on Amazon for $58 each. They typically run around $15.

0 Likes

If you have been using this board in the past, you may have a stock of the kitprog part.
The CPU on the kitprog is almost the same than the one on the target.

I've just done my own board, and I desolder the CPU from my old kitprog to solder them on my new board (with the same form factor than the kit).

The only limitation that I've seen is that the CPU on the kitprog run at max 67MHz, and not 80MHz. But I my case I was not using the full speed, so it's wokring. 

0 Likes