CY8CKIT-050B board sample compile issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yaga_3967241
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am trying to load sample code to the evaluation board CY8CKIT-050B. However, the creator 4.2 gives compile error on all sample code.

Is there special version requirement for creator to compile sample code for this evaluation board?

Thanks,

Winston

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @yaga_3967241,

Can you share the error you are facing here?

Also, it is recommended to use the latest version of PSoC Creator. Update all the components to the latest versions too.

Find the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5 Development Kit Guide here. Follow the instructions given in chapter 2 to install and configure the PSoC 5LP Development Kit. Chapter 3 describes how to program the kit using PSoC Programmer. Alternately, PSoC Creator too may be used to program the kit. Code examples are available in chapter 5.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @yaga_3967241,

Can you share the error you are facing here?

Also, it is recommended to use the latest version of PSoC Creator. Update all the components to the latest versions too.

Find the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5 Development Kit Guide here. Follow the instructions given in chapter 2 to install and configure the PSoC 5LP Development Kit. Chapter 3 describes how to program the kit using PSoC Programmer. Alternately, PSoC Creator too may be used to program the kit. Code examples are available in chapter 5.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
yaga_3967241
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am running Creator 4.2. I think the sample code is created in Creator 3.0. After running Project->Update Components, the component is updated and the compile error is gone.

Thanks,

Windwon

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @yaga_3967241,

You may choose to use PSoC Creator v4.4 as it is the latest PSoC creator release.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes