CY8C5888LTQ-LP097 IC socket adapter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I have ordered a PSoC 5 M/C (CY8C5888LTQ-LP097). I'm looking to mount this to a pcb in "through hole" format - is there an IC adapter which could adapt the chip from its QFN type to through hole form? 

I've been unable to find any suitable IC adapter online..

Would greatly appreciate any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much Paul, looks like that will do the job perfectly - really appreciate your help! I had searched RS but did find that..

thanks again!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Turns out that adapter was for a larger size of package (10 x 10 QFN 68pin) wheras the PSoC 5 (CY8C5888LTQ-LP097) I'm looking to mount is 8 x 8 size.

Doesn't appear as thought the same manufacturers, WinslowAdaptics, have a suitable adapter.

If there are any other suggestions out there I'd greatly appreciate them...

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if it's for medium to large production, I would say to order some from one of the online services that makes PCBs from Eagle CAD, etc, files.

For one or a couple, assuming you have room for it, I would buy the CY8CKIT-059, snap off the CY5888 side, if needed, remove the LED, and the caps used for SAR and CMOD, and add headers to make it into a DIP module.