CPU Keeps Restarting Itself

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anil_sun
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

We performed a circuit setup with the processor we have (CY8C5867LTI-LP028). There are components TIA, DVDAC, VDAC, SAR ADC, OPAMP(3 pieces) and UART in the circuit. When we run it in "Release" mode, the processor constantly resets itself. When we look at the "Debug" mode, after opening TIA, DVDAC, VDAC, OPAMP(3 pieces) and UART, a debug error is given when opening DelSig ADC. How can I run the processor correctly?

Note: The processor is working properly when DelSig ADC is turned off. I can use DelSig ADC when used alone.

Debug Error.png

Best wishes.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

A couple of things to look at.

5888 has 2x the FLASH and SRAM available vs 5867.  It's possible the DelSig start code (I assume this is what you call "opening") is using DMA for buffers and attempting to use non-existent SRAM.  Buffer space could also be defined to be too large for available memory space for both UART and DelSig.

The 5888 runs at 80MHz.  5867 runs at 67MHz.  The clock parameters could be wrong for DelSig start code configuration.

Something to try:
In the project, start DelSig first and then add the other component start functions one at a time.  See how many components can be added before the 5867 resets itself.  There might be another clue here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Could you please include your hardware schematics ? If possible including photos

0 Likes

I can not share my schematics because of confidentiality issue but I can explain what we do. We have 2 analog input. One of them measure the current with tia and DelSig ADC. In additional I measure the voltage between 2 analog pins with sar adc. I use opamps in follower mode.  

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5

I understand you cannot share the complete diagram but I think the change is big you need to find the cause of this problem in the hardware design, power supply, capacitors around processor etcetera. Can you reproduce the problem using any development board ?

0 Likes

I can run the same schema properly in the Freesoc2 model produced by Sparkfun. (It has a CY8C5888AXI-LP96 processor on it.) The pins I connected to both are share below.

CY8C5867LTI-LP028

QFN68 Pin ConnectionQFN68 Pin Connection

CY8C5888AXI-LP96

TQFN100 Pin ConnectionTQFN100 Pin Connection

In the power connections on the designed card:

VDDIO 1,2,3,4 --> 5V
VDDD --> 3V3
VDDA --> 5V

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, so your design works great using the devboard and does not work using your own board. Definitely hardware problem. 

0 Likes

I made the card design by examining the document number AN57821 in the datasheet. According to the authors, there is no error. What I don't understand is that when the DelSig ADC is turned on, I cannot open another element. I can receive data over Uart when ADC is not on. If I can receive data via Uart, I think there is a non-hardware problem. Can you enlighten me on this matter?

In addition, apart from the processor, there is no other component with ft232.

0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

A couple of things to look at.

5888 has 2x the FLASH and SRAM available vs 5867.  It's possible the DelSig start code (I assume this is what you call "opening") is using DMA for buffers and attempting to use non-existent SRAM.  Buffer space could also be defined to be too large for available memory space for both UART and DelSig.

The 5888 runs at 80MHz.  5867 runs at 67MHz.  The clock parameters could be wrong for DelSig start code configuration.

Something to try:
In the project, start DelSig first and then add the other component start functions one at a time.  See how many components can be added before the 5867 resets itself.  There might be another clue here.

0 Likes

When I started the first DelSig ADC, I got an error on the "ADC_SAR_V_SAR_CSR6_REG = ADC_SAR_V_INT_BYPASS_EXT_VREF; /* S2 */" line of the SAR ADC. Replacing pin 3[2] with 1[7] turned on the SAR ADC, but this time the opamp 2's "Opamp_2_initVar = 1u;" I am getting an error on the line.

The order of initializing the features is as follows:

1--> DelSig ADC

2--> UART

3--> SAR ADC

4--> TIA

5--> Opamp_1

6--> Opamp_2

7--> Opamp_3

8--> VDAC8
9--> DVDAC

In the DMA part, there is only the parameter of DVDAC.

DMADMA

0 Likes