COMPILING DEBUG RELEASE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the CY8CKIT, previously I used other brand of Cortex M3.

I made a small program which includes Systick, UART ( Rx interrupt (large buffer)  Tx internal interrupt, LCD

Systick simply flashes LED.

When compiled in debug mode works OK

When compiled in release LED doesn't flash, but UART and LCD works fine.

Seems that only one time is called the Systick ISR.

Any help, please

efrs

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

My problem was having a "large UART_ISR". In these simple example, all received bytes are stored in the buffer until a LF is received, then the buffer is sent back.

I moved the "sent back" to the main loop and all worked. There is no simultaneous reception transmission

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is usually the case when you forgot to declare a global variable as "volatile" that gets changed in an interrupt handler. This is just a guess. To tell more, can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

My problem was having a "large UART_ISR". In these simple example, all received bytes are stored in the buffer until a LF is received, then the buffer is sent back.

I moved the "sent back" to the main loop and all worked. There is no simultaneous reception transmission

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The interesting thing about PSoCs is not the M3 CPU, but the tremendous amount of configurable hardware within the chip that you can freely use and wire to your requirements. What other chips allow you to place some FFs, gates, and other stuff, connect them as you want and get a circuit that exactly does what you wired. FPGAs can do that, but they are pretty large (and expensive) and by far not as easy to handle as PSoCs.

Happy coding!

Bob

0 Likes