CAN in basic mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three nodes and using CAN protocol in basic mode for communication, so as to keep my code same for all the three nodes  i can set the identifier bits and send it via mailbox but how the designated receiver will come to know it has to receive the message with that identifier bit?? since it knows nothing about that identifier bits.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The receiving node should be configured to work on certain identifiers. On a CAN bus all the nodes are synchronized and they always listen the CAN_BUS, even the transmitting node listens to the CAN_BUS. When a message with an identifier that the receiver is configured for, is broadcast on the bus, the receiver will know and act upon it.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The receiving node should be configured to work on certain identifiers. On a CAN bus all the nodes are synchronized and they always listen the CAN_BUS, even the transmitting node listens to the CAN_BUS. When a message with an identifier that the receiver is configured for, is broadcast on the bus, the receiver will know and act upon it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply but recently i came to know about AMR and ACR registers. well through this only we can set the the identifiers and check if it matches or not.

0 Likes