Build PSoC Creator project on macOS/Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nimish
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I'd like to build this project: https://github.com/Infineon/KitProg3 on mac, but it needs PSoC Creator. Is there a way to get all of the C files generated and the verilog source synthesized once so I can move it to mac?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @nimish,  

Unfortunately, there is no plan to support PSoC Creator on mac at the moment. However, you can create Windows VMs on mac to run PSoC Creator and there are a couple of threads regarding the same. I have picked a few that could help you - 

Creator for Mac 

PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit on OSX (or Linux) with VirtualBox

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @nimish,  

Unfortunately, there is no plan to support PSoC Creator on mac at the moment. However, you can create Windows VMs on mac to run PSoC Creator and there are a couple of threads regarding the same. I have picked a few that could help you - 

Creator for Mac 

PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit on OSX (or Linux) with VirtualBox

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

OK, thanks. I do not really care so much about the gui, just the CLI tools to automate builds. I've gotten it working in VirtualBox however. 

Is there any way to get the fitter (?) tool as a cli executable?

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @nimish

Although internally PSoC Creator uses cydsfit, I would not recommend using it directly. Instead can you please check if CyPrjMgr tool would suffice? Please refer CyPrjMgr Command Line Tool Section on page 369 of the PSoC Creator User Guide.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Yep that works. 

0 Likes