Availability of CY8CKIT-059 PSoc-5LP Prototyping kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alirahman
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate sub-forum for this question but I am curious about the reason for the PSoC 5 prototyping kit being out of stock at every major electronics distributor (Farnell, RS, Arrow, Mouser, Digikey, Avnet).

New units won't be available before Jan-March 2022. I recall seeing some of the distributors listing a couple hundred units early last month.

Does anyone know the reason for this sudden shortage of the CY8CKIT-059? Was there a sudden recall? Or has Cypress/Infineon faced issues and delays in their production leading to a lack of inventory.

1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I'm also surprised that one of our favorite board is now difficult to acquire.

I ran some search and found below, I wonder if you can order it from your place though.

https://www.chip1stop.com/view/dispDetail/DispDetail?partId=CYPR-0037654&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=g...

moto

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I'm also surprised that one of our favorite board is now difficult to acquire.

I ran some search and found below, I wonder if you can order it from your place though.

https://www.chip1stop.com/view/dispDetail/DispDetail?partId=CYPR-0037654&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=g...

moto

Thanks!

I can order it as they do deliver to Europe.

However atm, we only need very few pieces (3-5 units) . I'll ask them about their own designated courier and whether they use DHL. If yes, then DHL will handle the customs processing otherwise the time and paperwork required from our end for customs clearance will be a headache. 

I'm currently contacting some Europe based obsolete and bulk IC inventory vendors about the availaibility of the prototyping kit otherwise I'll go with either Chip1stop or AliExpress.