Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ARNair2000
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First question asked Welcome!

i have a glass of water placed on a plank. i am holding the plank.I nedd a mechanism to rotate the plank and but eventhough i try to rotate the plank the mechanism should compensate the change and stabilise the plank so that the glass of water wont be affected that the level remeains tha same.The control must be done using Psoc C059 suggest me most economical way to do this and most easy and feasible way for hardware implementation .

0 Likes
3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

@ARNair2000 ,

Since you have a plank and a rotation point (fulcrum), consider the principal of the lever (Archimedes).  

Therefore place a counterweight on the other end of the plank (outside the glass) to keep the glass level.

If needed, the counter-weight should move along the plank to keep the plank level.

Additionally, you can use a 3-axis 2g accelerometer to detect when the plank is not 100% at 1g on the Z-axis (downward-axis).

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

You can study a similar project on Hackster.io by Juan Esteban Paz, 

Robotic Ball and Beam Part 1: Sensors and Hardware

RBB Part 2 Motor Position Control

Bhamy
100 replies posted 10 likes given 10 likes received

Hi @ARNair2000 ,

This thread is locked due to inactivity from long time. Feel free to create new threads when you have issue using Infineon products in your design.

Best regards

Bhamy Narasimha Shenoy

0 Likes