Arbitrary (from file) wave type using WaveDAC8

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'd like to create an arbitrary wave type from a file using the WaveDAC8.
The datasheet of the component doesn't give detailed explaination how to proceed and

there is also no explaination about the meaning of the numbers (255 1 246 253.....for instance) we should put into file.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Mohamadou,

The Wavedac component is created using a VDAC component and a DMA block. The 8 bit VDAC can take values from 0 to FF(255) which will be passed with the help of the DMA clocked at the rate your require. This is how the waveform is generated. I hope this explains what is the significance of the values you give. You have an option to draw the waveform you need in the component.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Mohamadou,

The Wavedac component is created using a VDAC component and a DMA block. The 8 bit VDAC can take values from 0 to FF(255) which will be passed with the help of the DMA clocked at the rate your require. This is how the waveform is generated. I hope this explains what is the significance of the values you give. You have an option to draw the waveform you need in the component.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, VSRS!

That was really helpful.

Regards

0 Likes