-059 board and creator 4.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdPo_1556871
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple projects using the -059 board and the usb/uart on it.

During normal operation I am powering the main board but not the programmer. When I want

to talk to it I connect the usb cable and while the driver appears active (comm port is there) I am unable to

communicate until I press the reset button on the programmer portion. I do not want to do this because

it resets all the stored data. Creator 4.1 has no problem communicating with it but it somehow resets it.

I have tried using the push button thru a control port to toggle the reset pin on the uart with no success.

The other question I have is how to keep Creator from 'generating' certain source programs and reloading the

original source over my modified source programs. I enhanced the I2C lcd display programs to allow for turning

the panel lighting off as well as setting other I2C address but every time I have to rebuild the project the files get

overwritten and I have to play games to get them back.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ed

edpotzler@mitchelltelecom.net

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Ed,

Re you second question: best way would be to make a copy of the Cypress stock component (I2C LCD), rename it, and modify it to your needs. Once renamed a component, find and replace all instances of the old name, particularly in Verilog file and customizer files.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Ed,

Re you second question: best way would be to make a copy of the Cypress stock component (I2C LCD), rename it, and modify it to your needs. Once renamed a component, find and replace all instances of the old name, particularly in Verilog file and customizer files.

/odissey1

0 Likes