which MCU can support IEC 61508 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lucas_wang
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Yuban(GC)
5 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

May I ask if there is an MCU that can support IEC 61508? The customer requires a safety integrity level SIL3?Is only Aurix supported? How do I obtain a security package?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi lucas_wang,

Infineon recently published a press release on this topic. You can find it here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/market-news/2023/INFATV202303-078.html

The gist is, that Infineon’s AUTOSAR Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL) low level driver software product for AURIX and Traveo T2G now also supports the IEC 61508 metrics.

You can request the licensing costs for the MCAL from your Infineon sales contact.

Best regards

JJack

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi lucas_wang,

Infineon recently published a press release on this topic. You can find it here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/market-news/2023/INFATV202303-078.html

The gist is, that Infineon’s AUTOSAR Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL) low level driver software product for AURIX and Traveo T2G now also supports the IEC 61508 metrics.

You can request the licensing costs for the MCAL from your Infineon sales contact.

Best regards

JJack

0 Likes
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi ,

Hope your query is resolved . Please let me know if we can close this case.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil
250 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,

sujata

0 Likes