watchdog timer ISR noob help needed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RoMa_4791621
Level 1
Level 1

i am working with Psoc4 Ble pioneer kit & CY8CKIT-142

I'm trying to get a handle on writing firmware to do the following:

1) use as little power as possible

2) make an ADC reading on a single port at a fixed time interval, perhaps once a minute or once an hour

3) publish to a custom UUID notification when sampled after time based interval of step 2)

The attached code is attempting to do this and uses example code from BLE_Temperature_Measurement and PSoC_4_BLE_CapSense_Slider_LED projects.

The code as-is sends 2 readings out the UART when a BLE central connects then hangs with repeated ISR's from CY_SYS_WDT_COUNTER0_INT.

Please help to fix and explain how to solve this.  Why is CY_SYS_WDT_COUNTER0_INT going off while WDT_INTERRUPT_SOURCE is not hitting once/second? 

The BLE slide function only works when WDT_Start() is commented out.

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

While we see your project, please go through our code example on achieving low power with PSoC 4 BLE applications using BLE appnote and codeexamples.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an92584-designing-low-power-and-estimating-b...

Also, please find the attached document which has steps to configure WDT in PSOC 4 BLE.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please make us know whether the code example mentioned in my previous response helped? Are you facing any issues now? If yes, please let us know the queries and attach the project that you are working on.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

It didn't really help. I had to solve it by myself

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 6:09 AM GaneshD_41 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes