undefined reference to `CapSense_CSD_Start'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
admin_hun_main
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

So, this is my first attempt at using PSOC 4 series MCU, for the starter I looked at youtube for help, and follow this Video,  

Well it was not an easy job but, I followed all instructions as in the video but I am getting an error 

Build error: undefined reference to `CapSense_CSD_Start'

I am using PSoC creator version 4.4, I am using MCU CY8C4014SXI-421 16 pin soic, I am not sure why is the error, mostly it is a linking error, but I don't know how to resolve it.

Also if possible anyone can guide me to documentation for starting with CY8C4014SXI-421 with the MCU family and getting started with Capsense. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @admin_hun_main,

Firstly, we recommend you to use the latest version of CapSense component - CapSense v7.0.

ncbs_0-1642576167127.png

Double click on the CapSense component and click on the "Datasheet" button. This will open the component's datasheet. Head to the APIs section to get a detailed list of all APIs supported by the component.

ncbs_0-1642576077464.png

cystatus CapSense_Start(void) - This is the function to be used to initialize the CapSense component. The same has been shown in the video too.

Here are some resources which you can refer to:

1. Getting started with CapSense
2. Datasheet of CY8C4014SXI-421 
3. PSoC® 4 and PSoC 6 MCU CapSense® Design Guide [a detailed document of CapSense]
4. You may refer to code examples by going to File->Code examples in PSoC Creator. For ModusToolbox, you may find the code examples here.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @admin_hun_main,

Firstly, we recommend you to use the latest version of CapSense component - CapSense v7.0.

ncbs_0-1642576167127.png

Double click on the CapSense component and click on the "Datasheet" button. This will open the component's datasheet. Head to the APIs section to get a detailed list of all APIs supported by the component.

ncbs_0-1642576077464.png

cystatus CapSense_Start(void) - This is the function to be used to initialize the CapSense component. The same has been shown in the video too.

Here are some resources which you can refer to:

1. Getting started with CapSense
2. Datasheet of CY8C4014SXI-421 
3. PSoC® 4 and PSoC 6 MCU CapSense® Design Guide [a detailed document of CapSense]
4. You may refer to code examples by going to File->Code examples in PSoC Creator. For ModusToolbox, you may find the code examples here.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil