sending UART data on multiple pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Doorknob
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

need to do this, but be able to do it on multiple pins at same time, not just one.  Is there a way I can do this, so I can send my data on all the pins at the same time?

Thanks

Doorknob_0-1645048285651.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

If you use an UDB UART implementation, you can do whatever you want with the output, including the things you tried.

If you use the SCB UART implementation, than you can only do a direction connection to the pin. Or, if the PSoC 4 you chose has Smart I/O, you have a few options to multiplex the signal to different pins in the same port.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Doorknob
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I tried this but it does not seem to work ... any to do this?

Doorknob_0-1645054068088.png

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

If you use an UDB UART implementation, you can do whatever you want with the output, including the things you tried.

If you use the SCB UART implementation, than you can only do a direction connection to the pin. Or, if the PSoC 4 you chose has Smart I/O, you have a few options to multiplex the signal to different pins in the same port.

0 Likes

Thank you RodolfoGL

0 Likes
Michael_K
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello Doorknob,

maybe you can use something like this:

Michael_K_0-1645094871404.png

You can use UART on several pins at the same time and control them with the control registers. When I record the outputs with the logic analyzer, I get my UART signal on different pins at the same time.

Michael_K_1-1645095127914.png

Best regards

Michael

0 Likes

thank you Michael

0 Likes
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

HI @Doorknob ,

Glad your query is resolved.
Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may have on Infineon products in the community and we will be happy to help.

Thanks and Regards,
Alen Austin

0 Likes