psoc4200L USB and 3,3volt power supply

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThBi_3905606
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

hello

In my application, I use a USB as a communication port AND charger for li- on battery

So far, the power supply of my application is 3,3v for my master MCU (Psoc4200L)

I kown that pin are mostly 5v tolerant, but I want to be sure that I can run my 4200 L at 3,3v without damage in my D+ D- and Vbus monitoring pin connect to the USB socket ( 5V)

If is not ok, can I use a shift level, between D-, D+, Vbus and MCU pin ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

USB will require a nominal voltage of 3.3 V for its operation. For applications with VBUS supply voltage in
the 5-V range (4.35 V to 5.25 V), it would be required enable the internal regulator.

Internal regulator will ensure that there is no damage.

To enable voltage regulator and use regulator for pull-up you need to pass the USBFS_5V_OPERATION Macro when calling the USBFS_Start() function, for example:

USBFS_Start(0, USBFS_5V_OPERATION);

Kindly let me know in case of any clarifications

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

USB will require a nominal voltage of 3.3 V for its operation. For applications with VBUS supply voltage in
the 5-V range (4.35 V to 5.25 V), it would be required enable the internal regulator.

Internal regulator will ensure that there is no damage.

To enable voltage regulator and use regulator for pull-up you need to pass the USBFS_5V_OPERATION Macro when calling the USBFS_Start() function, for example:

USBFS_Start(0, USBFS_5V_OPERATION);

Kindly let me know in case of any clarifications

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes