psoc4 Fitter failed to find placement for digital input pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DoLo_351801
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Converting a project from CYC84245AXI to CY8C4145LQI.

The fitter cannot find placement for 3 digital input pins that worked on the 4245 but not on the 4145. I have plenty of pin available. Pins are all configured as digital input and attached to an interrupt. The only difference I can see between the 4245 and the 4245 is the number of UDB.

What's going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Doug,

You stated:

The only difference I can see between the 4145 and the 4245 is the number of UDB.

You are correct.   Even more correct is there are NO UDBs on the 4145.  This is the reason you cannot connect the input directly to an Isr component.   The Fitter is complaining that it cannot route to the Isr.   Without UDBs, the 4145 cannot pass the input directly to the interrupt bus.

Isrs cannot be connected directly to the input without UDBsIsrs cannot be connected directly to the input without UDBs

However if you change the "Interrupt:" field  to "Rising Edge" and  check the "Dedicated interrupt" on the "Input" tab.  You can now attach the Isr component to the "irq" output of the pin.   This will build.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1643489358031.png

Without UDBs, there are more limitations placed on routing and logic available to you.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you share your project with us so that we can understand the issue better.

Can you also let us know if other available pins are greyed out?

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

i have attached the project bundle.

No pins are greyed out.  Again, This worked on the cy8c4245 but not on the cy8c4145.

Ive tried configuring the pins and configuring the connected interrupts... no solution.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Doug,

You stated:

The only difference I can see between the 4145 and the 4245 is the number of UDB.

You are correct.   Even more correct is there are NO UDBs on the 4145.  This is the reason you cannot connect the input directly to an Isr component.   The Fitter is complaining that it cannot route to the Isr.   Without UDBs, the 4145 cannot pass the input directly to the interrupt bus.

Isrs cannot be connected directly to the input without UDBsIsrs cannot be connected directly to the input without UDBs

However if you change the "Interrupt:" field  to "Rising Edge" and  check the "Dedicated interrupt" on the "Input" tab.  You can now attach the Isr component to the "irq" output of the pin.   This will build.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1643489358031.png

Without UDBs, there are more limitations placed on routing and logic available to you.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes