peripheral.name vs. localName?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaDo_1228851
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

My app uses both the peripheral.name AND the advertisementData[CBAdvertisementDataLocalNameKey].  But every time I update advertisementData[CBAdvertisementDataLocalNameKey] by means of the CyBle_GapSetLocalName(), the peripheral.name value takes on the old value of advertisementData[CBAdvertisementDataLocalNameKey].  Is there anyway to stabilize the peripheral.name value so that it never changes from the initial value given when the 4200BLE is initially programmed?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ,

Do you mean you want to save the device name into flash , so that the last name should be stored even after power cycle?

If then, you can write the value into flash or sflash by the follwing APIs  CySysFlashWriteRow() , CySysSFlashWriteUserRow()

Please refer the system reference guide for API defenition.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi,

Could you please confirm you are calling CyBle_GapSetLocalName() before start advertisement API? Also please check the API result as well.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
PaDo_1228851
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thank you.  That stopped the cycling I described.  I have another question. 

When I click debug or program sometimes the table of the S-Flash (or is it the Flash) memory pops up on my screen and sometimes it doesn't.  What is happening in each case?

Also, if I want to flash a name onto a peripheral, a name that persists when there is no power on the chip, how can I do that.  The Flash and S-Flash projects don't seem to address this.  Thanks.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi ,

Do you mean you want to save the device name into flash , so that the last name should be stored even after power cycle?

If then, you can write the value into flash or sflash by the follwing APIs  CySysFlashWriteRow() , CySysSFlashWriteUserRow()

Please refer the system reference guide for API defenition.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes