my computer not recognizing CY8C4248LQI-BL583

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
zez666
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

hi everyone! now I meet a problem, I want to learn the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 low energy mode,so I use my CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A to test, and I find a program in CYPRESS web ,after I programed it to the kit ,I find my computer can not recognizing  the chip now,who can help me.I guess the reason is that I used the P0.7 pin ,this is a SWDCLK pin . So ,how to solve it ,thanks !!!!!!

QQ截图20210904175653.pngQQ截图20210904175723.pngQQ截图20210904175914.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

My interpretation of the issue is, Miniprog3 can not acquire the BLE module over SWD.  This is caused by limitations of Miniprog3 (and Kitprog) when the alternate GPIO function is used in place of SWD function.  The solution is to use Power Cycle programming method.  For this, you need to use PSoC Programmer.  It's not available in Creator.

To be able to acquire/program the module, do the following:
Unplug the USB connection to the BLE Kitprog interface.
Connect Miniprog3 to PC USB and to BLE board connector J6 as shown in BLE documentation.
Open PSoC Programmer, select your device (Auto Detect will not work in this case), select Power Cycle.
Point PSoC Programmer to your file to be downloaded, it will be a .hex file.
Click the Program tab and it should acquire and program the BLE module.  You may need to click on the Toggle Power tab.  This seems to vary from board to board.

Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @zez666,

This behaviour is strange.

Can you head to Device Manager -> Ports of your computer to check if the device is getting reflected there when you connect it to the system?

When the kit is connected to the PC via USB port, does the power LEDs glow on your kit?

Using SWDCLK will result in losing the debug capability for the kit, but the kit can be programmed. To have the debug capability, use P0[6] for SWDIO and P0[7] for SWDCLK only.

Meanwhile, you might want to look into similar queries here:

Best regards,
Nikhil

zez666
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

thank you for your advice,this problem was solved by used the way BiBi_1928986 gave,thank you   Nikhil

BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

My interpretation of the issue is, Miniprog3 can not acquire the BLE module over SWD.  This is caused by limitations of Miniprog3 (and Kitprog) when the alternate GPIO function is used in place of SWD function.  The solution is to use Power Cycle programming method.  For this, you need to use PSoC Programmer.  It's not available in Creator.

To be able to acquire/program the module, do the following:
Unplug the USB connection to the BLE Kitprog interface.
Connect Miniprog3 to PC USB and to BLE board connector J6 as shown in BLE documentation.
Open PSoC Programmer, select your device (Auto Detect will not work in this case), select Power Cycle.
Point PSoC Programmer to your file to be downloaded, it will be a .hex file.
Click the Program tab and it should acquire and program the BLE module.  You may need to click on the Toggle Power tab.  This seems to vary from board to board.

Let us know how it goes.

wooooo!,thank you very much,this problem was solved by using the way you gave,I really want to give you a big hug

0 Likes

Congratulations!

PSoC's are great to work with.
Good luck with your project.

0 Likes