instance inout terminal how to connected to a in terminal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3568726
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I edite a schmetic, just like the first pieture below, bufoe out terminal is inout,  i have to connect it to a input terminal, it shows error like the second picture, what can i do?

d.jpg2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is an issue implementing such design. It is not allowed and component datasheet talks about it.

pastedImage_0.png

Imagine a case, when both buffers are enabled and driving the same net with opposite logic, resulting in a short.

I would suggest drive the buffer outputs to bidirectional pins configured in open drain drive low (connect an external resistor high side - this is to support the case when both buffers disabled) and short the pins together externally. For the NAND gate input, use one of the buffer's feedback output signal. 

-Rajiv

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi  Bob,

rpt file is attached

3.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is an issue implementing such design. It is not allowed and component datasheet talks about it.

pastedImage_0.png

Imagine a case, when both buffers are enabled and driving the same net with opposite logic, resulting in a short.

I would suggest drive the buffer outputs to bidirectional pins configured in open drain drive low (connect an external resistor high side - this is to support the case when both buffers disabled) and short the pins together externally. For the NAND gate input, use one of the buffer's feedback output signal. 

-Rajiv

thanks a lot , the setting   is safe but not convenient.. 

0 Likes