how to connect two CyBLE 022001-00 using bluetooth just to send and recive data?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm working on a project and I have to send data from one CyBLE 022001-00 using Bluetooth connection to another.

I know it exists a "Bluetooth" component but I'm so confused with all the parameters and profile things.

I think the application I'm looking for it's not that hard it's just sending one character of data at at a time from one module and the other one it's just going to read it.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Please fins a sample project along with the documentation from the below link.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

For more details on the BLE Concepts ,please refer the below link.

http://www.cypress.com/file/141171/download

Regards,

Gyan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Do you want security on the communications/access?
  • Do you want them to be able to change which device they connect to/read from?
  • Do you want the devices to be flexible in what they access/read to/from each other?
  • Does it matter which device connects first? (In Bluetooth, one device is the "master" of the connection wirelessly)
  • Does the data rate matter?
  • Does the latency of the data being sent matter? (how fast the byte is transmitted round trip)
  • Do you need support for more devices to interface at a later date?

For a simple test:

Setup one device as a central, one as a peripheral, then setup a profile on the peripheral to hold the one byte. Read that byte on connection from the central, and you should have communication going.

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Please fins a sample project along with the documentation from the below link.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

For more details on the BLE Concepts ,please refer the below link.

http://www.cypress.com/file/141171/download

Regards,

Gyan