eeprom error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
APIE
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First solution authored First like received

After the power of the device is cut off, it stops all the activities of the processor and performs the eeprom writing process.

I read the hex inside the processor after I do the write operation and very kindly, ff is written to all bytes. 

I am writing 16 data in total. What could be the source of this problem? Why do I get this error?

Can you help me? 

Thanks

TK01EepromCrash.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
APIE
Level 1
Level 1

pin made high before write after power off. After the write operation is finished, the pin is set low. After being low for 5ms, the pin was made high again. Afterwards, the depletion of the stored energy was observed. A total of 2.5 seconds of power remains.

Eeprom write time 56ms 

discharge of energy 2501 ms

Adsız.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

The EEPROM built into PSoC4 is emEEPROM that uses the flash area.

So ”EmEEPROM Read” API can read it as a variable, but "EmEEPROM_Write" API writes rows just like flash.

The main.c of the CE195313 sample code is very helpful.

Regards,

0 Likes
APIE
Level 1
Level 1

I can usually read and write without any problems. But it rarely write writes FF value to all addresses.

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Hi APIE,

I think writing to EEPROM is doing row write processing after row erasing.

Assuming that all the processing has probably not been completed while the power is off, we can confirm the problem by performing the following processing.

Prepare GPIO for debugging,
Set the initial state to 'H',
Negate this GPIO to 'L' before the problematic EEPROM write API,
Assert to 'H' after API processing

If EEPROM processing is finished to the end, GPIO should become 'H' in the middle of power down.

For reference, writing to flash takes up to 20ms.

As described in the notes, the power supply voltage must be maintained for 20ms.

MaMi_1205306_0-1685091460401.png

Could you please confirm for  you are using IDE, the PSoC4 part number, timing of power off and timing of EEPROM_Write API call.

Regards,

0 Likes
APIE
Level 1
Level 1

pin made high before write after power off. After the write operation is finished, the pin is set low. After being low for 5ms, the pin was made high again. Afterwards, the depletion of the stored energy was observed. A total of 2.5 seconds of power remains.

Eeprom write time 56ms 

discharge of energy 2501 ms

Adsız.png

MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

APIE-san,

Thank you for confirmed for the timing.

I think it's a very difficult problem.

The PSoC4 series must power off within 1V/ms (If VDD=5V, it is within about 5ms.) because the slew rate of "power-up" and "power-down" is specified in the datasheet.

MaMi_1205306_0-1685112920724.png

Unfortunately, I think it is difficult to write to EEPROM during the power off sequence because this spec probably affects it.

It is difficult to answer questions other than the specifications in the datasheet, and I apologize for not being able to give you the best answer.

Someone at Infineon will have to judgment of this issue.

Regards,