cyble 212019 Custom Board Does Not Advertise

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have developed a custom PCB with CYBLE-212019-00 module and few other components namely accelerometer, Gyro, GPS and few LEDs . I program the PCB (the module on it) and it succeeds. I see the LEDS, and sensors behaving as per the code, but the BLE does not show up on the CY Smart app. I tried anexample project (Device Info Service), and still no luck. I have another custom board with a CYBLE-022001 module and it shows up on the app with the same example project running.

What could be wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

In the schematic that you have provided, the VDD and VDDR is given 1.8V. The CPU will work if it has power supply between 1.8V to 5.5V but the BLE subsystem needs power supply from 1.9V to 5.5V to be turned on and start working.

So, please provide power supply of 1.9V or more to the BLE subsystem (VDDR) and check your project once.

To see the power supply requirements, please go through this datasheet - http://www.cypress.com/file/223706/download

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SayaniS_66

Hello,

Could you please attach your project so that we can take a look and identify what the issue is.

-Sayani.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFA project. This works fine on my custom board with CYBLE-022001 and pioneer kit, but not on another custom board with CYBLE-212019.

Should that be a PCB problem or module problem or radiation problem?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFA Schematic of the PCB designed and PCB image.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-05 at 10.02.41 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PCB Layout

Top.PNG

Bottom.PNG

0 Likes
SayaniS_66

Hello,

In the schematic that you have provided, the VDD and VDDR is given 1.8V. The CPU will work if it has power supply between 1.8V to 5.5V but the BLE subsystem needs power supply from 1.9V to 5.5V to be turned on and start working.

So, please provide power supply of 1.9V or more to the BLE subsystem (VDDR) and check your project once.

To see the power supply requirements, please go through this datasheet - http://www.cypress.com/file/223706/download

-Sayani.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VDDR was just mentioned 1.8V, but actually taking a 3.3V on it. The problem was with the inductor in series with the VDDR line. I removed it and shorted it direct to the VDD line and it worked. Thanks a lot for hinting that the problem could be on the VDDR line.

0 Likes